Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Welcome Back Ya'll!!

Two whole years.  That's how long it has been since I last posted.  A lot has happened in that time but that's not why I am back.  I used to consider myself a mommy blogger and although I am still a mom, Claire is 17 now and Taylor is 15.  My how my world has changed.

I want to still share funny stories of things they say or do.  I want to record family vacations we go on or weekend getaways.  But mostly, I want to take a page out of the book/movie Julie & Julia.  Why?  Well because I can't cook but I want to - sorta.  Lol.  The ironic thing is after digging in the world of Google and finally locating my blog, one of the last posts was me talking about the limited things I could cook.  Nothing has really changed since then.  I still cook the same things and the occasional new thing in the crock pot.  I did venture out and make a taco spaghetti on the stove (it was ok) and a tater tot casserole in the oven (also ok).  Bryan didn't try either and the kids weren't jumping up and down.  Taylor has a weird dislike of spaghetti but will eat the cooked noodles plain or smothered in hot sauce.

I am getting off track here.  Back to me trying to cook new things.  I have a love for The Cooking Network and believe it or not have learned some techniques from some of the shows I watch on there.  I don't think I will ever be an Iron Chef or even have my own show but I love the ideas and confidence I take away.  Another thing I wanted to put out there is Claire can't cook either.  I recently showed her how to make a grilled cheese so at least she won't starve once she moves out.  I know when I left home for the first time the only thing I could make was spaghetti and that was literally boiling noodles and opening jar of sauce.

So last Saturday I had my cooking shows on and thought you know what, it is time I start venturing out on the meals I prepare for my family.  They may not always be a hit but hey, you're trying!  I got me some paper and pen out and began jotting down a week worth of meals.  I used handy dandy Google to pull up recipes and search for ones for a beginner like moi.  Wasn't long at all and before my I had Mon-Thur dinners all planned out with ingredients I didn't have in the kitchen/pantry to pickup Sunday.  I didn't think about including Claire in my adventures until Monday night when I was starting that night's meal and she asked to help. Squeal!  Winner winner!!  I am going to end this post with my schedule for the week (yes it is already Wednesday because I got delayed on my posting AND I have only got to make Monday's so far because Tuesday ended up with Claire having a choir performance) and then for my next post tell you what Claire has learned from me so far and our results from making white rice for the first time plus Monday's meal.  Whew.  That was a mouthful.

Till next time.......

Monday:  Meatloaf & mashed potatoes or baked potato
Tuesday: Chicken Fajita tacos
Wednesday:  Chicken Cacciatore
Thursday:  Homemade Beef Stroganoff

No comments: