Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Massage or As My Daughter Used to Say, "Smadge".

Ohhhhhh, I must tell you guys about my massage experiences.  As a child, then adult - I must say the adult ones got a lot better until they didn't.

As a child, my first experience with a massage was with my Mother.  I tend to call her Mom or Mother, but always a capitol M because - well, if you have read my blog or are currently new, she is not a nice person.  As a matter of fact, I haven't had any contact with her in 10+ years, and although it was extremely difficult to make that decision, it was a SMART one!!  And if you or someone you know has a relationship like I did with a parent, sometimes people are just too toxic to have any connection to.  You cut your losses, even if it is a parent, and you are a better person because of it

She took me to one of those "fat" spas with her.  I was 20 by then, but weighed maybe 89 lbs.  I was a super picky eater back in the day.  For dinner I remember they had these tiny portions on the plate, and nothing I really even wanted to eat except for maybe a sprig or two that looked like lettuce.  I asked her to take me to McDonalds; I always got the same thing - Happy Meal Cheeseburger plain with Hi-C orange.  Always.  Imgain Bryan's excitement when we first started dating and he took me to a place called The Macaroni Grill.  I liked you could color on the "tablecloths".  As you can probably tell, I was a very naive 20-year-old when Bryan met me.  I even had a Little Mermaid comforter set - I called it the "Mermaid test" and Bryan passed!!  My aunt did a good job protecting me when I went to live with her at age 11.  At that age all the way until 14 or 15, I was still going outside to ride bikes and play with the younger kids on my street.  Imagine my horror when I got my period and had to wear a pad trying to ride a bike.  It felt like my vagina was going numb.  And when I started having to wear a bra!!  No longer was I able to play football and X-Men etc. without a bra on.  I am rambling......

Any who, Bryan ordered calamari as an appetizer.  I tried one because he said he was "trying to broaden my horizons" and that sounded thoughtful lol.  I told him it tasted like a rubber band and I said no mas.  For my dinner, I ordered a grilled cheese.  Back to the resort, went to bed hungry that night but wasn't nothing new to me.  I remember we had two separate beds, and she watched a bunch of movies.  Pedicure time came, my Mom knew I had athlete's foot on I think my left foot.  I was so embarrassed of it - the first time Bryan and I showered together; I wore my socks!!!  Thank God I was hot right!?!?  LOL So it is pedicure time, we are sitting next to each other, and I mention to my lady that I couldn't imagine having to work on people's feet all day.  My mom laughs or maybe hoots more like it meanly, says the girl with something wrong with her foot.  Then comes time for spa time and massage time.  My Mother tells me that I need to take all of my clothes, ALLLLLL, and put on the robe.  We go to the spa/hot tub, Some folks no robe, no nothing.  I just sat on the side with my feet in the hot tub clutching my robe for dear life.  Massage time!  You guessed it, robe off.  Naked.  I wanted to die.  I think I blocked everything else out other than we left early Thank You Baby Jesus!!!!

After that, as an adult I was terrified of getting a massage.  Tried to get one with Claire when we went to Disney as a family.  Just my luck, I had shaved prior to going and after one day, it looked like I had gonorrhea from my ankles to right below my knees.  They refused to work or even touch my legs; they put a towel over them lol.  I didn't want Claire to feel like I did, so I told her she did not have to take all of her clothes off if she didn't want to.  Of course, my girl was like have at it lady!!!!!!!!!  Lol.

Part 2 - Tomorrow......




No comments: