Tuesday, August 18, 2026

I Missed This!

 Good morning, World!!

I hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!  I miss blogging, I really do.  I just didn't have the time to stick with it then.  I used to work A LOT - But Momma brought home the bacon.  Especially after Bryan became physically disabled and had a heart attack! I lost my job last September, what a mess that was.  I won't go into it now but will eventually.  I got unemployment for a bit, did DoorDash, family helped, friends helped - I ended up getting my life insurance license.  Now I left college for a reason, I do not like studying.  I am a horrible test taker.  It took me 3 times, but I did it finally!  The company I signed up with seemed perfect.  It was all via Zoom, "you make your own hours" but no - they tried to kill me as far as I am concerned.  Working Mon-Sun from 8 am, sometimes getting a 3-hour lunch break but rarely, and then from 3 pm until whenever they felt like you were done.  Some nights I would get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep, and I am one of those people that need 9 plus or I get sick.  Just like I did.  During that time, I had another company, Primerica/Next Level Group reach out to me asking if I would be interested in working for them.  I didn't give it too much thought because I was miserable, tired, sick, and I had tried to talk to 3 different managers, and it was clear to me they either had no clue what their trainers were doing or chose to ignore my concerns.  Mine was hell-bent on changing me.  Yet, all the others I had trained with said how amazing I was.  She even wanted me to change my pitch in my voice by speaking through my stomach or some crap.  Guys, I literally won awards for my customer service "voice".  I am also a "people person" or can be lol, so I like to make relationships with my coworkers.  My trainer said that no one cares what you had for breakfast Nicole.  Excuse me for being friendly.  I am working with these folks for 10 plus hours a day, I would like to get to know them!!  And to make matters worse, she was a health guru so would often make comments about my vaping, this, or that.  Last I checked, I didn't sign up for a health coach.  

With the new company, it has been going well.  I DO get to choose my own schedule, work from home except for Saturdays we go in at 9 am.  And let me tell you, that is tuff sometimes.  I work 11 am to 4 pm or later if I choose to or need to for an appointment.  I ADORE waking up around 9:30-10 am and start my day after working at companies for so long where I got up at 4 am or 6 am.  You guys, I am gonna tell you a secret tho.  Selling Insurance is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, after 3 months I started getting people on board or buying a policy - now a platform I use refuses to "verify" me as a business which sux.  I do love doing this, but maybe it should be part-time instead of full.  Honestly, I don't have any other options at the moment so God, I am here - and I am listening.


No comments: