Sunday night I made the chicken cacciatore recipe. Can I just say hands down this is my favorite thing I have ever made. I had to do a lot of new things I was not familiar with like browning the chicken in extra virgin olive in a screaming hot pan. I only got popped by it once right above my eye, I whimpered and thought F this but I kept at it. Simmering the sauce with wine was another new trick. It's a good thing I don't drink wine or we would have had to skip that step cause Momma would have helped herself. Glug glug.
As I am finishing the chicken nestled in the sauce (with red bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms) in the oven, I realize that is all I have made. No sides. Is chicken cacciatore supposed to be served with something in particular? So I pop on trusty Google and it suggested you serve it over a pasta like fettuccine or angel hair. Perfect! I had some in the pantry but as I was grabbing it Claire came into the kitchen and when I explained to her what the pasta was for, she asked if we could have white rice instead. I'm all but Google said..... But then she made a good point how all of the sauce would be soaking into the white rice and I thought you know, that might a be a good idea after all!
*****This is not recent, but wanted to post it because it seemed like a hidden gem.***
No comments:
Post a Comment