Saturday, August 22, 2026

What You Don't See Behind the Smile


 I know I haven't spoken much yet about the mental health issues in our family.  When I say family, I mean our little family of four.  If you have read my blog, you know my Mother is bat-shot crazy, and there are some others in the branches as well.  I wrote this, I guess you would say essay at the last career I had.  I had chosen to leave my last career because the atmosphere had changed with the new "owners".  But I will say before then, we were very family oriented and they were aware and accepted my issues.  I went to a new place to work that was supposed to be my "Happily Ever After", but it turned out to be far from it.  I'm not ready to get into that yet but while I was there, I realized how ignorant some people could be towards mental health issues.  I became angry inside feeling like it was supposed to be ignored, not talked about, not understood.    So, I ended up bringing the subject to people who I knew cared about me there.  I was so happy and nervous because we had a whole "Meeting" about it with cute cupcakes with umbrellas, themed colors, and I read this in front of everyone.  It was a shame some people that really needed to hear it, weren't' there, but God has a plan.


XOXO ~

Nicole

No comments: