Amanda today is your birthday. I'm not sure if we have ever even celebrated each other's birthdays in person. I don't recall them, so I am guessing no.
I remember when we became best friends, and we spent as much time as possible together. That summer, I had to go and visit my mom in Georgia. It was going to be the first time we had been away from each other which to us seemed like the end of the world.
Your Mom took us to Galveston. I believe she had a Jeep Cherokee at that time. She loved this song called "Ain't Even Done With The Night" by John (I think he lost the Cougar or Mellencamp, I forget which one) eventually. She played it often, so it was a good thing we liked it so much!! It was the end of the trip, you guys were bringing me back home and we heard Clint Black (you had such a crush on him with your red cowboy boots - I personally thought he looked like a Shar-Pei.) and Wynonna Judd's song "A Bad Goodbye" and it became "our song".
I gave you my Fievel, from An American Tail, he was my most beloved possession at that time. When we reconnected, I remember you bringing him up when I came to swim with you. I glowed inside and probably out (could have been that damn sun), that you remembered him.
Most people can't say they are in touch or see their HS bestie often, but I get to!
***PS. I still hold it against her for finding new friends while away tho. ;)***
Love, Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment