Thursday, August 28, 2014

Makes Me Wish They Went to Private School......

I don't do politics.  I don't get into religous debates and I don't care if you are straight, gay, whateves.  But yesterday the kids came home complaining about their lunches.  They both started buying all the time in junior high because they loved the foods.  Taylor would always surprise me because he would eat things at school that he wouldn't touch at home.  Kudos to the cafeteria peeps I say.

It seems Mrs. Obama has complete control over the public school's menu.  She did away with the Gatorade and replaced it with Snapple.  Ok.  That's fine.  She did away with the bigger cookies that were my daughter's favorite and replaced it with something that Claire described as a hockey puck and tasted like crap.  Yesterday was Asian Food day and both kids said the meat was okay and so was the fried rice but the eggroll was no longer fried and crispy, it was soggy, gross, and fell apart.

Her mission is for kids to eat healthier and hey, if she is wanting them to lose weight it will work seeing as how my kids don't want to eat the food.  But here's the thing.  Neither of my kids need to lose weight.  It makes me angry that she can control what my kids can and can't eat.  I told them they can start taking their lunches if they want so they are going to see what happens as the days go by in regards to what is served and then make their decisions.

Now it's your turn.  What do you think?

No comments: