Friday, October 20, 2017

Magic Meatloaf Monday

Monday I made the meatloaf with Claire's help.  I really did appreciate her coming in when she did because I don't like to get my hands dirty while cooking.  I know that sounds crazy and Bryan will be the first to tell me you can't excel at cooking when you don't want to touch the meat, mix, or whatever.  I will do it if I have to but I don't like it.

So Claire walked into the kitchen just as I had finished adding all of the dry and wet ingredients to the hamburger meat which meant it was time to mush it all together.  Technical term right?  She starts mixing and mentions how cold and gross it feels.  Little happy dance for me right there since it isn't my hands in there.  I watched and gave tips to make sure everything was incorporated well.  Once that was done I told her to plop it out onto the oiled pan and shape it like a football.

Claire:  A football??

Me:  Yea. Or like a turd....

Claire:  Oooohhh ok.

So as she is molding, pushing, squeezing she turns to me and says, "This looks like Jason's face on Friday the 13th."

I couldn't stop laughing.



The meatloaf turned out good I think.  I really like the sauce you pour over it which consists of ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and then I add some honey because my fam is a fan of sweet.  It is a great addition to counteract with the large hunk of meat.  Last night I made homemade beef stroganoff.  I was disappointed but Bryan and the kids both loved it.




No comments: