Monday, August 10, 2009

I Think The Toilet Bit Her.

Claire is getting older and has started coming to me or Bryan with questions about her body, and every time I cant help but hold my breath each time I hear "Momma can I ask you something?"

Yesterday she was using the restroom and the amount of time she was in there plus the singing (yes my daughter sings on the toilet, doesn't yours?) made me think she was "dropping the kids of at the pool", a term my lovely husband likes to use.

She came into the living room where I was folding some laundry and spoke the dreaded words.

C: Momma, can I ask you something?

Me: Sure sweetie, what is it?

C: For some reason my butt has this red line on it.

Me: Well, you must not be cleaning very well. Does it hurt?

C: No, not like in my butt, like on it. Here, let me just show you.

She pulls her little shorts and undies down and point to this red mark.

Me: Hon, that is from the toilet seat from you sitting there for so long.

C: *Grinning sheepishly* Ohhhhhhhhh.

No comments: