Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Biscuits Are My Nemesis

I got a question for ya'll.  This past weekend I made biscuits for the kids for the first time ever.  Now don't get me wrong, they have had them when we go out for breakfast or over at a relatives but I personally have not made any for them.  Why you may ask?  Because I am scared of them.

I recently picked up a roll thinking how easy and quick it would be to whip this up for the kids on the weekend but when the day rolled around, I eyed the packaging warily.  I had forgotten how you "unwrap" these delightful darlings.  I don't know about the rest of the world but I stand there with my entire body puckered up and squinting like the explosion is going to take out an eye.

I actually called Claire in to do it but since this was her first time, I had to walk her through it.  She peeled the paper like it says to and when there was no paper left, the can had yet to pop.  I then instructed her to lightly bang it against the counter and still, nothing.  It was like a dud on the 4th of July.  She went to hand it to me and wouldn't you know that as we exchanged it, it decides to pop making us both scream.  Curse you biscuits!!

So my question is .......... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to open biscuits without causing me an anxiety attack?

No comments: