Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dinner With Dora

On the way home from daycare, the question that is asked every time I picked them up piped up from the back seat.

"Is Daddy at home?"

Why do my kids love their father more then me, I sadly ask myself?? Oh yeah, that's right - because I make them mind!

Since the kids returned from their summer vacation, our little family has fallen right back into our old routine. It's nice how it works out like that huh? The kids chatted happily in the car as we headed home. For the first time in a long time, there was no screaming, poking, or pulling back there. I was shocked and wondered who's kids these were.

I was running through my head what I could make for dinner for my perfect angels. After eating their Grandy and Grammy's cooking for practically a whole month - I worried they would ask for something like fried chicken or apple pie. You know, that good 'ole Southern home cookin. And as you probably all remember, this southern girl does NOT cook like that - or really cook at all.

Claire: Who's cooking, daddy or you?

Me: I am honey

Claire: Raviolis then please (you know Chef Boyardee in a can - momma's kinda meal)

Me: Great! And you Taylor?

Taylor: Soup peese! (Ramen Noodle)

Me: You guys rock!!

After dinner, where I hovered like a vulture to make sure there was nothing dropped on my new table - I quickly shoved them out of their chairs so I could tidy up. The rest of our evening was awesome, them watching 3 or 4 Dora the Explorer episodes and me reading a good book.

Before bed we all sat on the couch and I read 2 of the cutest books that they had chose from the library this past weekend. I loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Sounds like heaven!

Hol said...

That's great that everyone had a nice evening.

Coffee Slut said...

Chef Boyardee is my hero!!! I grew up on that stuff ...it's great comfort food! Glad you had a good night!