Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend

I hope that your 4th of July was fabulous!  Mine was ok.  Not what I had planned -- for sure.  My parents had thrown a big party at their house that we had planned on going to for months now only for it to be foiled by a gout attack in his foot and I had a super heavy day with my monthly visitor who decided to come early.  Of course.  Claire didn't really care because she had plans to spend the night with a friend anyway but Taylor was dissapointed.  He perked right up though when Bryan took him to buy fireworks.  It ended up pouring over at my Dad's so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.  Also it was nice to be able to be home for Loretta with it being her first time to experience fireworks.  She was such a trooper!  I love that dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received a call from my Aunt yesterday in regards to my brother.  To catch you up real quick, he had a baby on New Years Eve this past year with his girlfriend.  This is the girlfriend he met in a halfway house.  They are both recovering drug and alcohol abusers.  They moved in together, things weren't working out, now they live apart.  He had the baby on the weekdays and the Baby Momma had her on the weekends.  Baby Momma started drinking again and supposedly was also suffering from Post Partum but wasn't getting help.  She has tried to commit suicide multiple times in the past and a few times while she was with my brother.  She tried again yesterday WHILE she was drunk and had the baby.  She was taken to the hospital because she did a number on her arms and would have to have surgery.  Police called my brother and he came and got the baby.  As bad as this is, it was a good thing for my brother's case because Baby Momma and her Mother had decided to take my brother to court to try and get full custody of my niece.  I am not saying my brother is a saint but he claims he is staying clean and on the right track for his daughter.  He already has WIC and food stamps and is currently trying to get the government aid for free daycare in his state so he has somewhere for her to go when he works and continues school.

He was calling my Aunt to tell her about what had taken place that day with Baby Momma and to ask her for money for next month's rent.  By then, he figures he will have everything in place.  For his sake I hope so and for my Aunt's sanity, I certainly hope so!  All of this causes so much stress on her and then she calls me and tells me about it and I feel like she is wanting me to say something but I don't know what to say other than I am sorry he is struggling right now but in the end, he was the one that did drugs, tried to get better, met her, etc, etc.  I love my brother but the road he is on right now is the one he has chosen so I find it hard to be all boo hoo I am so sorry you are going through this.  Although I never had a substance abuse problem, I have had my fair share in struggling with raising two kids as a single mom but in the end, I had to fight to get to where I am today.  I had to want to.  And so does he.

No comments: