Monday, July 14, 2014

Another Day In Paradise..........

I have always wanted a venus flytrap.  Alays.  Actually, ever since I was about 10 or 11 and saw the movie Creep Show.  I mean, I knew mine wouldn't eat a bully but I still wanted one.  Bryan knew of this "dream" of mind so he was excited to tell me that they had them for sale at the store he is training at.  I couldn't wait for him to bring me one home!  That is, until last week when I reminded him to get me one and I received a text from him suggesting I google their care.  No problem!  Okay, so they needed a lot of light.  Check!  Filtered water.  Check!  Special dirt.  Check!  Then I got to the part about feeding them worms.  Hell to the no!  Gross.  I texted Bryan back and said I don't want one.  Nasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids have chores that they do mostly on Sunday but I have been taking advantage of them being home for the summer by asking them to take care of this or that throughout the week.  For example, I may ask Claire to vacuum on Tuesday or Taylor to clean his room Wednesday.  Bryan and Taylor handle cleaning the bathrooms so Bryan had asked Taylor to clean the outside of the toilets, the counter/sinks, and the mirrors.  We now know jobs like this we need to be at home supervising because he did a shitty job on the mirrors and when he ran out of Clorax wipes, he proceeded to use Soft Scrub on our toilets and bathroom counters.  No more shininess and they feel weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A big moment for my family!  Claire spent the entire night at a friend's house for the first time on Saturday!!  No call asking for us to come and get her, nothing, not a peep.  When I went and picked her up last night, she was grinning ear to ear with her achievement.  Love you Claire Bear!!!

No comments: