Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hello Blogger World!

I am back to being a sucky blogger, yes, this I know. I seem to go through phases where I want to post every day about every little thing that is going on in my part of the world and then the next month I decide nothing is good enough to post. Maybe that is just me being lazy.

New Years was a great time for us, we pretty much just took it easy and stayed home ~ just the four of us. Bryan went and bought some fireworks to terrorise (entertain) the munchkins with and grilled out enough food for the entire damn street. I ended up making a plate for the old guy next door that seems to be a widow and he happily took it. Because I am old I barely made it to midnight, by 11pm (ll freaking pm people!!)I was ready for bed and actually asked Bryan if he could just wake me right before the ball dropped. He couldn't believe it and told me I could just wait, which I did and as soon as that big ass ball hit ground my butt ran and hopped into bed. Sad, very very sad.

*************************************************************************************

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? I am going to go to Mama Drama Con Queso II, come hell or high water! It is this Saturday here in Houston and if you're in the area, you should totally come and check it out. I will be the fat one downing the Bud Lites to boost my confidence.

If you're interested check into it here: http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama/

3 comments:

Hol said...

Since we got home on the 31st from my parent's, we unloaded the car, let Kira outside to potty, and then looked at the clock... it was midnight. We said "Happy New Year!" and gave each other a kiss. Then we were in bed by 12:20am. Ha! I know the feeling.

By the way, I don't think I'll be able to go to MDCQ2 with you this weekend. My throat is still really sore and swollen. I better take it easy.

Caroline said...

I had to laugh at your comment about being old! Oh god, how I wish I could be 30 again! You crack me up! You aren't old honey until you get close to my age. At least you made it until 11:00pm New Year's Eve. I hit the bed at 10:00 and didn't care if I saw the ball drop or not. My kids came over for dinner and we had a lovely time, but boy I needed my beauty sleep and didn't care that the neighbours whopped it up until 4:00am in their hot tub. They were all hurting the next day....me - I was out shopping scopping up all the bargains at the mall.

Old!!!! - You're too cute!

blkbutterfly said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. :-) dont' feel bad about having a hard time staying awake. i'm 25 and was in the bed by 10:30! so, you're better than me! Happy 2008!