Wednesday, January 7, 2015

*Sigh* Poor Bambi

Taylor likes to hunt.  It is something my Dad and Step Mom enjoy doing and something they love doing with him.  I do not like hunting.  I am okay with fishing.  I don't mind to much when he shoots birds.  It does make me sad when he shoots deer though.

Taylor is very good at it though.  That and video games so even though I do not like it, I don't want to stop him from doing something he enjoys.  He has been doing it for years and when he shoots a deer it is a big deal for them.  Not so much for me.  The first one he ever killed, my Dad wanted to mount it's head on his bedroom wall.  In MY house.  I cried.  We ended up coming to a compromise where the head was only a skull on the mount.


I do not eat anything that he kills.  Not just what he kills either.  My parents have been hunting for eons and when we have get togethers and they would serve stuff they had from hunting, I didn't eat that either.  I am not vegan but my shit needs to come from the grocery store.  Plus, as far as meat goes I only ever really ate hamburger meat.  I have recently become more adventerous with trying and loving things that my husband cooks.  Like ribs.  But something about a pretty and sweet deer - I just can't bring myself to eat it.  I am one of those people that damn near crashes their car just to avoid hitting a squirrel.

Which bring me to why would my parents ask me while bringing Taylor back from hunting last week if we would like the deer he shot to have processed and whatever....
Are you kidding me??

Taylor told me later it was just laying in the bed of their truck.  So glad I didn't meander back there when we were all talking.  *Shudder*

No comments: