Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's A Raisin?

Last night I was watching the movie A Raisin In The Sun, I had read the book in high school and was not disappointed last night, even though books are usually ten times better than the movies.

The kids were at the kitchen table coloring, when I heard this conversation:

Taylor: What's a raisin made out of?

Claire: It's a grape.

Taylor: Why does it look like all wrinkly then?

Claire: Because, it is the great, great, great, ggrrreeeaaatttt grandparent of the grape.

4 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

hahaha ...precious!

I TRIED watching it, even though it held my interest, sleep won out!

Hol said...

"great, great, great, ggrrreeeaaatttt grandparent of the grape"

I love it! It could be true, couldn't it? ;)

I don't remember if I have seen or read A Raisin In The Sun or not. Maybe I was supposed to read it in school, but I skimmed along trying to pull out the details.

*Yeah, I was bad and did that in high school.*

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Smart girl!


Remember the California Raisin commercials back in the day? Yeah...that was the closest I ever got to liking raisins!

They look like little rabbit poops.....just sayin! :)

Ann(ie) said...

OH good...I Tivo'd that!