Friday, June 6, 2014

A Donut is Not Just a Donut.

Last night Bryan and I were catching up on The Middle.  Brick (the youngest son) had noticed that his pretzels didn't have as much salt on them as they used to so he decided to call the company to complain.

It got me thinking about when I was pregnant with Claire and craving a donut.  I was living in Atlanta GA at the time and my idea of the perfect donut was from Shipleys, which they do not have up there but we do here in Houston, or Dunkin Donuts.  The closest dount place to where I lived was a Krispy Kreme.  I had never had their donuts before but decided I would give it a shot.  I drove over, ordered one donut, and drove back home.  I ate the donut but was not impressed.  I decided to call the number on the bag where it said if there were any complaints I could reach out to them. 

I told them I didn't like the donut and that was something coming from a pregnant gal.  I also said they should be more like Shipleys or Dunkin Donuts.  A few weeks go by and I receive a letter in the mail from Krispy Kreme.  They apologized that I was dissatisfied with their product and had included .................................  a coupon for a free nasty donut of theirs.

No comments: