Friday, September 18, 2026

When Did I Get So Old?

 *Singing*  Here I go, again on my own....

That is just a lame way of saying yes, I have been absent again from you guys.  I am still in the process of finding a job that is hourly or salary, and not just commission.  We can't live like this, if you want to even call it that.  And like I mentioned, the family and Claire have been helping.

I had an interview yesterday, well 2, the first one with HR and then the hiring manager.  It was all via Google Meet because the position is a work from home which I really need.  I'm old now.  I can't stand 8 plus hours like I could when I was younger.  This position is only paying 14.00 an hour, but I gotta start somewhere.  It's sad to think how much I was making and where I am now.  I really like the life insurance, but I feel like all of my hard work is just getting eaten up by chargebacks etc.  Doesn't seem worth it.

As I was saying, the interviews went alright.  Of course, both of them are around Claire's age.  I also had to take assessment tests and Lord let me tell you, when I saw the math portion, waaa waaa waaaa.  I am HORIBBLE at math.  That's why God made calculators!  There were percentages, subtraction of huge numbers, and what comes next on these weird shapes.  When she told me I fell below the score slightly, I figured it would be that one, considering most of my shit were guesses.  But nope, it was the email portion.  I failed to remember there was a certain number of letters that needed to be used.  She loves me, so she chatted with guy who would does the final interview and he agreed to interview me.

That was fun.  Not.  He mentioned he was in The Philippines.  Tell me why my dumbass said, Oh wow - How is Thailand?  Yup, I did.  That's another thing about me.  I suck at geography and get lost super easily.  Everything went great until we did the mock customer phone call.  Started off well, and then I started getting nervous and choked.  I talked to the HR girl after, and she pretty much told me that was the only issue and how he has one more interview the next morning.  She let me know she was going on vacation but stay by the phone because she wanted to hopefully get me rescheduled to try that part again.

I didn't sleep well because I kept waking up to look at my phone to see what time it was because I can easily sleep until 10-11 am.  Plus, Bryan and I went to Uncle Albert's for a few hours.  I needed out of the house.  Listened to music, watched people, I had 2 beers and a nasty shot.  Bryan drank his Coca-Cola.  He is so stinking cute!  I was in bed sound asleep by 11 pm which is not abnormal for us.  Makes me think of my great-grandparents because every night they watched the 10pm news and then went to bed.  I got up around 9 am, took some Tylenol because I'm old, ate, and just been dragging.  Definitely not my normal energetic self.  Oh, and there were some tears last night also prompting to want to get out of the house for a bit because I am trying so hard for this 14.00 an hour position.  It's hard to wrap my mind around it but God knows what is best.

I am still waiting.  I never heard from anyone this morning.  Now she did tell me she was going on vacation but begged and pleaded I be available.  So, I sit here thinking, is no news good news?


XOXO ~ Nicole


No comments: