Friday, January 19, 2007

It's finally Friday...

I don't know about you guys, but I love Fridays. Its the end of a work week and the beginning of 2 beautiful days off. On my weekends I prefer to do nothing, I mean absolutely nothing on Saturday and then clean house on Sundays. And well, in a nut shell, that is my weekends for the most part. Every once in awhile we have the occasional bday party to attend (which was last Saturday) or family function. When things like that come up, I growl to myself because I am a person of routine. I do not like change. Although some change is good, I usually head into it with dragging feet.


So I am dying to know how every one's Great Freeze of 2007 went??? Monday was actually supposed to be the night that were supposed to freeze over and it was the happenin topic at work. Hubby called me many times telling me he was getting ready for it, make sure we have plenty of supplies, etc. Of course while listening to him on the phone, one eyebrow goes up as I am thinking what in the world is he talking about. I should tell you that I am a Houston native but dear hubby is from Georgia. So, as I am sure you can guess, their weather is WAY different then what we have here. As I calmly tell him on the phone "honey, its really not that big of a deal" he gets irritated with me. Now I was waiting to post this because I wanted to take pictures of some things to go with the post but well, it just didn't happen so you're gonna just have to use your imagination.

I come home to bags of stuff sitting in front of our bookshelf in the living room. (The living room in the pic from yesterday's post but way cleaner.) Husband is on the phone with his mom who is still in GA and I hear him talking about having lots of blankets, charged all of the portable dvd players, and so on and so on. I have not even budged from when I came in from the front door, still shocked by all of the crap in the living room that he has purchased. He gets off the phone and here is how the conversation went:

Me: What the hell??

Him: Well, after I got off the phone with you I headed over to Target and bought some stuff we're probably going to need.

Me: *surveying some of the bags* Propane??

Him: Well you see I bought this little outdoor camping stove and these little propane cylinders so we can cook out on the porch if we lose electricity.

Me: I see, and the flashlights?

Him: Well, it was 5 for 5 dollars and this way each person has their own flashlight and well, 1 doesn't work.

Me: Of course it doesn't. (said very sarcastically) And this gigantic like old timey heater thing sitting in front of the tv??

Him: Its a portable heater.

Hmmm, I guess our regular heater isnt good enough for him. I really wanted to take a picture of this thing because, well it honestly looks like one of those old accordion looking things you see in movies or old ladies' homes. It is a big hit with the animals though, they lounge around it and bask in it's warmth. Every time it clicks on and off, it dims the lights in the living room. Gotta love it. People, we live in an apartment. It's not that big. But obviously it is now part of the household.

Now of course I told my husband not to take anything out of the bag, because IF we don't need it, we can return it. Guess what hubby did yesterday??

Him: I guess I overreacted a little bit.

Me: Just a little sweetie. Don't forget to return the tents......

No comments: