Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Women vs Men Mentality

A few nights ago I had made myself a treat of popcorn with Tabasco sauce (hey don't knock it until you try it) and I ended up with a half popped kernel lodged in one of my back teeth. I tried brushing my teeth, using a tooth pick, dental floss, and finally my tongue - by the end of the evening (4 hours later after becoming stuck) my gum was killing me and I had a headache but I managed to free the damn thing.

Fast forward to the next evening and Bryan is having himself a bag of popcorn while I am reading in the bedroom. An hour or so later he comes in there to tell me that now he has gotten the popcorn stuck in a tooth way in the back as well. How ironic right? So I told him everything I tried and said the best thing was actually my tongue. So he brushes his teeth, flosses, toothpicks it, and still the stubborn popcorn remain lodged. I ended up going to bed and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, I see a paper towel lying on the counter with an array of "tools" that Bryan used to try and free his tooth. I saw all kinds of dental things but what really surprised the hell out of me was the steak knife!!

Last night he came home from work complaining about that tooth hurting. Well hell yeah it is hurting - you did everything but throw a grenade at the damn thing!!!!

3 comments:

Hol said...

J uses dental floss, or the dental pick you can get from the store. (I'd fuss at him if he used a steak knife.)

OhTheJoys said...

Steak knife, dental floss - same, right? Jeez!

yerdoingitwrong said...

gah. a steak knife??? boys! *sigh*