Saturday, February 24, 2007

Our Weekend So Far

Last night we took the kids over to my parents way the hell out in La Porte, and then turned around to go back to the Reliant Stadium to go to the cook off. After sitting in hellacious traffic and then attempting to find a parking spot not asking for 40 bucks, we finally entered at around 7:30. Needless to say, my family and friends were way ahead of us on the drinking schedule. And as I am sure you all know, it is not much fun to hang out with a bunch of drunks when you are not on the same level. After watching my aunt almost fall down I don't know how many times, and then watching my grandfather try to kick another old guy's ass - -we took that as our cue to go home. No need to worry people, they were not driving themselves anywhere, they had rented a hotel room to stay in so they could just crawl their happy slurring asses to bed. Now this is not an usual site for these kind of "family gatherings". Mostly I was just a little upset with it being my hubby's first time to go but the good thing is he did enjoy himself and actually compared it to Mardi Gras. That had me beaming with pride since he is always "Georgia is better blah blah blah". No body parties like Texas!!
*************************************************************************************

Today Bryan and I went to Home Depot to get the stuff that a home owner needs to take care of the out side if the house. Now I know nothing about any of it. All of it just reminded me of the show King of the Hill and Hank's fascination with his lawn. We had put money away from our tax refund for this expense. 450.00 later we now have a lawnmower called the Rotor Somethin or Another 2000 -- well in my mind that is what it is called. And of course he had to have a weed eater, blower, etc, etc. Of course, like a little kid as soon as we get home he has to try it out. So with a sweet smile on my face I watched my hunny out there mowing the lawn - just happy as can be yes he was. Then he went to use the weed eater and the handle broke on the damn thing and busted his knuckle. Ouch. So back to Home Depot he goes to get another weed eater and I am sure show off his new battle wound. Guess the lawn won.

2 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

Too funny. I must visit Texas one day!!

Girl con Queso said...

Nobody parties like Texas.