Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saturday

Saturday morning started pretty early for me yesterday. I had signed up with Claire's Girl Scout troop to be one of the mommies to donate their car and time and assist in picking up cookies. I hurried over to Starbucks to get me a little helper (Caramel Frappachino - yum) and hauled ass over to the designated meeting area. When I arrived I thought I was late because the troop leader was sitting there with another mommy waiting in their cars. I ran over to apologize for being late and she said they were actually waiting on another mom and that I was meeting the leader helper lady and her group. So I settled into my car with my drink, the radio, and waited. And waited. And waited. After an hour, and no phone calls, I left. Girl Scouts Suck.

***************************************************************************************

Once I got home, Claire and Taylor jumped me for what remained of my Frappachino. Vultures. Full of energy, I dived into packing. Yes people, the moving day is next Saturday! Can you believe it?? I can't. I am excited but scared at the same time. Such a big step for my little family. I have started with the kids' closet. Yes I am a mean mommy, I am pretty much packing up all of the toys they own except for stuff I see them play with every day and movies/games. Everything else is now in boxes and the closet is a shock to see. It normally looks like a toy store threw up in there. Who knew there was a floor?!?!?

At 2 I decided to take a nap, we were going to what my family calls "family night" that evening over at my aunts. It is always lots of fun. Good food, beer, karaoke, jukebox, dancing, singing, poker... Way too much fun. I had been laying down for about an hour when I hear hubby scream my name and what sounded like Niagara Falls. I run into the living room and see hubby on the porch, standing in a river, trying to haul shit out of our utility room. A pipe or something had busted in the wall and as the neighbor upstairs did her laundry, the water out of the washing machine was steadily flooding our porch. Apt complex notified and they tell upstairs not to use their washing machine until Monday, us neither. What the hell?? So I have been debating this morning whether to wait until tomorrow or brave the laundromat. I think I will wait.

Nap being shot, I went to Old Navy and picked out the cutest pair of pants for that night. Love them!! I secretly prayed all the way home that they fit. :) By 10 pm I was exhausted, beered out, and really just ready to go home. Some of my relatives were in awe, seeing as how usually I am THE party animal. I dunno, here lately I just wanna have a few drinks, chill, and bed no later then 10. Is this a sign that I am getting old???

4 comments:

ThePreemie Experiment said...

Starbucks... yummy!! We used to live in the Chicago area. Starbucks on every corner. Then we moved... No Starbucks for 20 miles! Yikes!

So, when my MIL decided to come visit us last minute I was so excited to go pick her up at the airport and get a Mocha Malt Frappaccino. I was in line with my daughter (8 years old) discussing which one she was going to get when the jerk in front of me turned around and began telling me what kind of parent he thought that I was because I let my daughter have caffiene. Hmmm.. I let him go on for a few minutes, just nodding my head, but then he got louder and louder and my daughter was looking pretty scared. The woman in front of him started telling him what she thought of him, which only caused him to yell louder at me. I felt my blood start to boil and the "chicago" in me was about to come out when I realized that my daughter would freak if I started yelling back at him. So, I calmly looked him straight in the eyes and said, "my daughter was born at 25 weeks, weighing 1 lb 12 oz and it was caffiene that kept her alive. If the neonatologists were comfortable giving it to her, then so am I." He started talking again and the woman in front of him says, "oh shut up!"

My poor daughter was traumatized for weeks but she sure enjoyed her Starbucks! hehe

Jennifer said...

Yes, it is a sign that you're getting old. That's okay. Being a party animal is like, so overrated! Ah, those were the days :)!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am right there with you on the "go to bed early thing! Do you remember when, at 10:00 things had not even started yet? Now, it is almost like I turn into a pumpkin at that time! Ugh! I think it is the kids!!! Good luck on your move!

Anonymous said...

Old Navy and Starbucks.

Such a fabulous combo.