Monday, March 12, 2007

Fun Monday


Now I know that I have told you guys before, but I do not cook. I melt stuff in the microwave and can order a mean pizza. My wonderful husband does all of the cooking in our household. And nights that he works evening sucks for me and the kiddos. They know what the choices will be when mom is home alone at night.
So I told hubby about this week's Fun Monday project hosted by Beccy over at http://beccy-peppermint-tea.blogspot.com/. Bryan loves to "create" things in the kitchen. And 99% of the time they turn out wonderful. My favorite thing to ask of him when I am hungry is " Baby, can you make me something special?" And he will head off to the kitchen and whip up something for me.
A couple of weekends ago, he made this perfect little dish for one at lunch time and I wanted to share the recipe with you guys.
Bryan's Pasta & Potato Souffle
  • 1 box of Rice-A Roni (sour cream & chive pasta)
  • 1 1/2 cups of shredded potatoes
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, or your choice)

Preheat oven @ 400 degrees

Cook Rice-A-Roni according to directions on box

Add shredded potatoes 1/2 way in middle of cooking pasta

Finish cooking until texture is desired

Take mixture and put into souffle dish

Spread cheese over the top

Cook until top is melted and brown

Cool & Enjoy

*************************************************************************************

Not like a huge meal or anything but the kids loved it and I did too!! Happy Monday

PS. Still no pics, damn missing camera.

4 comments:

Beccy said...

Sounds good although I'm not sure what Rice-A Roni is. I like dishes that are quick to make.

Jennifer said...

Ooooh, this looks terrific! My son would love it, thanks!

Kevin Charnas said...

OH man that sounds good.

One time I had sorbet and starbursts for dinner.

Mom O Matic said...

'aint noth'n that beats starch and dairy. No mam!