Saturday, March 17, 2007

Vacuum - Friend or Foe??

If you have kids or have ever had a kid in your home, you know that having a clean house is pretty much a lost cause. Claire and Taylor seemed to think that a nice clean home means hell yeah, more room for us to spread our toys!! This morning as a I was cleaning the kitchen I decided that the two of them were old enough to start helping around the house. They both already clean their own rooms and kinda sorta when they want to pickup after themselves.

I decided that while I was washing down the danger zone *ahem* I mean kitchen, Claire could vacuum the living room for me. At first she was a little hesitant since her and Taylor have had a fear of the beast (vacuum) since birth. Although no damage has ever been done to them via the vacuum - okay fine maybe it was the threatening to suck their toes off with it, but anyway, I turned it on and showed her how much "fun" it is. She took to it like a pro and I went back to the kitchen. Not 1 minute later I hear her screaming and smell something burning. I run into the living room and my daughter has managed to suck up the cord to Bryan's PS2 controller. Being the dumb ass that I am, I rip it out of the beast's mouth and examine the injured cord. The fuc**ing vacuum has eaten off the rubber part of the cord and now all of its insides are exposed. Heads Are Going To Roll!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Uh oh! PS-2's are sacred territory, that's what I hear anyway.

yerdoingitwrong said...

Doh!! I'd seriously go into hiding, girl.

Anonymous said...

Yeek. Buy a dog and blame it one him.

Quick.

Anonymous said...

Vacuums are a bad idea. Just a concrete floor with a drain in the middle is ideal...of course a good hosing isn't so great for the PS-2 either.

OhTheJoys said...

You are winning the brilliant mom award today, eh?


KIDDING!

That is so unfair!!!

Hol said...

Oh no! You can come over here for the night if you need to. :P