Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mean Girl

This morning on the way to work I was listening to The Hot Show on 95.7 because I love them. They crack me up. One of the topics this morning was how many people between the ages of 20-30 are breaking up with each other via text. That is just crazy to me! So impersonal.

They went on to ask for examples of how you have either broken up with someone or been broken up with. They wanted to hear ones that you felt bad about doing and immediately I thought about my junior year.

It was my homecoming dance and I was going with a boy named Chad. He was actually a freshman and on the baseball team. Cute boy. Right before the dance, he broke his arm. I was not happy. We went with me wearing the mum he had bought for me and he wearing the boutonniere I had bought for him.

Shortly after arriving, I ran into some friends and one of them was there with a boy I had liked. I decided I wanted to be with him instead so I broke up with poor Chad there at the dance. I remember clearly him standing on the sidelines of the dance, staring at me, tearing up his boutonniere. I ended up dancing with my friend's date pretty much the whole night.

So not nice of me but that is my worst breakup that I ever did. Anyone else want to share?

No comments: