Monday, April 7, 2014

Bad Boys Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do, Whatcha Gonna Do..........

I've got a good one for you.  Two times that I busted my parents for doing drugs when I was a kid.  The first would be my Dad.  He was a single parent of 3 kids and we lived in an apartment complex.  I had made friends with the girl next door who was my age.  She had an older sister but I am not sure how much older.

I remember Dad and her sister would go out dancing sometimes.  We lived in Pasadena TX and there were lots of country western bars around back then, Urban Cowboy being as popular as it was.  My friend told me that my Dad smoked pot with her sister.  I didn't actually know what that meant other than she said it was a drug.  I was 8.

When my Dad came home that night I was waiting at the door and yelled "You smell like pot!!"  H yelled back at me that I didn't know what I was talking about and to get my ass to bed.  I was hurt becuase I thought I was doing something good.  As an adult, Dad fessed up to me that it had been true and he had been shocked that I knew and that was why he responded like he did.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom's was because she was hardly ever home and I liked going through the things on and in her dresser.  She had tons of beautiful jewelry, perfumes, porcelain dolls on top, and other trinkets in her top drawer.  I once came across a little box full of baby teeth.  I knew they were probably ours but they grossed me out.  Then I found a pretty compact-like object and when I opened it, it contained a white powder with a little straw.  I want to say I was around 10 and I knew what this was.

I ended up taking it to school with me the next day and turning it into the nuns at school.  They of course called my Mom and explained that I had been in DARE classes and was doing the right thing.  She told them it wasn't hers and had been her ex husbands when he had came to visit years ago.  I don't know if I believe that story even now but I know she was pissed.

No comments: