Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Update!

So what do you guys think of my new look?  I am in LOVE!!!  If you like what you see, hop on over to http://davishousehold.blogspot.com/ and let Holly know what you are looking for.  She has her own company HRD Design and she is fantastic!!  Thank you again Ms. Holly!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Some sad news.  Claire didn't make the honor choir.  Out of the 15 girls that tried out, only 4 were chosen.  We were dissapointed for her and was as well but we assured her that she was still our superstar and there was always next year.  Also, towards the end of the year the choir puts on a Pop show and allows the girls to sing more popular songs so hopefully Claire will try out and make that.  She really does sing all the time and I know she is good but I also know, true Choir songs can be more difficult, especially if she didn't learn the music (which I don't think she did and was just reading the music).

I let her know I tried out once for a choir show as well and just knew I got it but didn't.  I was also dissapointed but that didn't mean I couldn't sing, I just wasn't singing how they wanted me to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried baking over the weekend.  I have been branching out more in the cooking field for dinners and so far, all has been a success except one meal that was just ew.  It was like eating glue.  Nasty.

Anyway, every time I have ever tried baking in the past, it is never a good thing but I was watching The Pioneer Woman's show Saturday morning and she made the peanut butter cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in them.  It looked so simple I thought surely I pull this off.  And I did!!  The kids at first complained they were too hard but somehow after resting for a while, the cookie part became moist and chewey.  Yay me!  If you want the recipe you can get it off of her blog or I can provide it to you if you want.
  It made about 24 and there was only 3 left this morning.  =)

Am so proud of myself!!

Happy Monday!!

No comments: