Monday, April 14, 2014

No Vacancy

I would consider myself to be a bit of a hermit.  I thrive on routine and nothing makes me happier knowing Tuesday we are going to be doing this, Saturday was our day to go out to eat as a family, so and so forth.  I also am not comfortable with people coming over, makes me nervous and I always let out a huge sigh of relief when everyone goes home and it is just the 4 of us again.

This past weekend Claire asked me Friday around 5ish if her friend Iana could come and spend the night.  If you are new to my blog, Iana is the daughter of Sheila who I was ALWAYS with before Bryan and I got back together.  Our daughters were about the same age, we were both single parents, we both liked to drink and would have tons of fun together.  I met her at the apartment I moved into when the kids were about 4 & 3.

When we moved into our house, shortly after Sheila moved into a townhouse just down the street from us.  Every Friday we would go to her house and have drinks while the kids played.  They ended up moving to The Woodlands so we don't really see much of them at all anymore.  Since Bryan was actually working out there last week, he was able to bring Iana back with him.  I thought it was going to be for one night but it was actually for the whole weekend.  I had a hard time with it, just a little, not totally stressing but I hadn't really planned to have someone over so I felt weird with the house not being spotless and we had planned on going grocery shopping Tuesday (payday) so there wasn't really a whole lot to eat in the house.  I planned on just whipping some things up that I found in the pantry, fridge, and freezer.  Luckily, Bryan came to the rescue because he got paid Friday and was able to handle meals.

Friday night we offered to get McDonalds and Iana said she couldn't eat that.  I asked why and she said because of all of the calories she was going to have to run off in Athletics.  I asked what sport she played but she said she didn't play any, she just took it this year because P.E. was so boring last year.  I didn't even know that was a choice.  What irked me the most is her tummy is already concave so it isn't like she needed to be worried about weight.  Besides, she had no problem eating Panda Express, pizza on Saturday, and then 3 bowls of mac n cheese at Boston Market.  SMH.

The girls went skating Saturday night which is a common thing for Claire but I think she enjoys it more than Iana because she knows more people.  Her stories are always feeled with lots of drama but such is the life for a 13 year old I suppose.

Sunday morning rolled aorund and I couldn't get her out of the house fast enough.  I woke up with a migraine and had been having bad cramps all weekend.  I stayed in bed in our room while Bryan tended to the kids and the animals and then he eventually met Sheila around 2.  God I love my husband.

Do any of you guys ever get like that?  I have never been one to entertain though.  I mean, I like going to parties and am told I am the life of them, I just don't like to have them.  I would rather lay around the house in my pj's, watching tv or a movie, going out to eat with Bryan and the kids, and I am content.  My aunt after years finally stopped calling and asking me to go shopping with her or go with them to some shindig.  For the longest time I would go because I felt bad saying no but then one day I realized I am almost 40 years old and can really do whatever the hell I want to.  *Sigh*  That's  a nice feeling. 

No comments: