Friday, May 23, 2014

Count to 10.................

I was mad last night.  I came in this morning and ranted about it to my coworker as well.  I am glad he is a good listener.

Last night was Claire's choir performance.  She was supposed to try out for a solo, then decided she was doing a duet with Lady, then decided they weren't going to.  I was dissapointed because I know Claire can sing and I want her to be her own person and not a Lady shadow.  Not to mention, Lady is not a good role model.

We left as soon as I got home from work so we could grab something to eat and then head over to the school.  I had to stop on the way back from eating becuase of course my daughter chooses the wrong shirt.  Our kids never freaking listen.

We got good seats next to where all of the choir students sat and 3 rows away from the stage.  The choir consists of an all girl 6th grade section, all girl 7th grade, and all girl 8th grade.  And then they have the boys choir with mixed grades.  We we were closer to the 7th grade girls seats and it drove me crazy how they were behaving.  The giggling, the snickering, the hollering and Lady and another friend of Claire's were the worst.  If I was that choir teacher, I would be pissed at them today.

I am sure you remember that I am back to not liking Lady very much after that stunt she pulled last weekend with Claire.  And to make matters worse, on Wednesday Claire found out she failed a math test and when Lady asked her how she did, she told her.  Lady went on to speak to her like she was her parent, telling her she need to retake it and get a better grade and how they have only one more test for the year and asking her why she bombed it.  Claire told her that she struggled with Math but that she was planning on taking the retake.  Lady threatened her with failing the 7th grade if she didn't pass it.

Later that evening, Bryan gets a call at work from Lady's Dad.  He said Lady had told him Claire failed the math test and they were concerned and did we need a number for a tutor?  When Bryan told me this, I was pissed.  First of all, it is really none of their business.  Second of all, Bryan should have asked him if he wanted a number for a counselor for his anger management.  Claire has been in tutoring and in special classes to help with Math and it really isn't any of their business.

So back to last night, the show ends and I tell Bryan that Taylor and I are going to the car so we could move it up to try not to get stuck in all of the traffic.  I do just that and then wait.  And wait.  And wait.  My mild headache has really started to rev up when Bryan walks over to the passenger seat.  I roll down the window and he proceeds to tell me we are now taking Lady home because her Dad just dropped her off and assumed she could just catch a ride with us.  I could have screamed!  Actually, I did.  I actually yelled at him and he yelled back not to take it out on him which I know and said I was sorry.  I am just so over it.  So glad for the long weekend.

And on that note, I hope everyone has a fabulous Memorial Day weekend and don't forget the sunscreen kiddos!!!  =)

No comments: