Monday, May 5, 2014

When you gotta go, you gotta go I guess.

Every year Bryan and the kids usually drive to GA to spend the week of 4th of July with his family.  I stay behind and take care of the animals and it is also a break for me away from the husband and children.  Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.  They will not be going this year because we are driving down to FL next month to spend a week in a condo with his parents and siblings and their spouces and offspring.  Yay.  I would so rather stay home.

Anyway, a few years ago they left out in the wee morning hours for their journey after I kissed them goodbye and then snuggled back into my bed.  The following happened and the kids told me all about it when they returned from their trip.

It seemed they were cruising along on the highway, not a restaurant or business in sight when Bryan's stomach starting screaming at him.  He said he held it as long as he could but he knew he wasn't going to make it so he pulled over to the side of the road.  He grabbed some napkins out of the glovebox, told the kids he had to go into the woods or he was going to have an accident, locked the doors, and tromped into the woods.

Claire said her brother and her were so embarrased they were hiding under their blankets.  Bryan said he could see the truck from behind the tree he was crouched at and just hoped no concerned traveler stopped to check on them.  He was able to finish his business and was back on the road in no time.  I am SO glad I missed out on that. 

No comments: