Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Me Love You Long Time Google

As you may have noticed, I use Google a lot when I am going to cook something or if I want to try something new.  Let me tell you how that all got started.

I mentioned before that Bryan and the kids used to go to GA every summer for a week around July 4th.  They haven't done it in a few years but I hope they start up again because I really do enjoy that week of me time.  Anyway, one year they were gone and I went to Genghis Grill.  It took me years to be able to go to lunch or dinner by myself.  I am glad that I can finally do it without feeling self-conscious.  My mom has always done it and she can even go to movies by herself but I can't go that far.

So I sit down, order my drink and peruse the menu.  I see they have edamame as an appetizer and even though I had never had it, I had heard good things about it.  I ordered it and a tea and while I waited, I went ahead and filled up my bowl for my meal.  When I got back to the table, the edamame was there.  I lifted the plate off of it and steam wafted out smelling delicious  They were grilled in a lemony garlic seasoning and I couldn't wait to try it.  I popped one in my mouth and immediately my taste buds started twerking from the flavor love.  I began to chew and wondered how people could eat this?  Yes the outside was yummy but it was like chewing on a hairy catepillar.  I spit it out and thought, I must be doing something wrong.

What did I do next?  For the first time but not the last, I whipped out my iphone and brought up my new bud Google.  I typed in how to eat edamame and of course, it explained that I was supposed to pop the little beans out with my teeth while pod was in my mouth.  That way I got the taste of the seasoning plus the goodness of the beans.  And now, edamame is one of my most favorite things to eat as a snack.  Yyyyaaaayyyyyy Google!!!

No comments: