Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend Roundup!

How was your weekend/holiday?  I really enjoyed mine.  Bryan pretty much worked all weekend but Saturday around 12 we recieved some awesome news.  He got his promotion!!!!  He starts in 2 weeks and will be an assistant store manager and I couldn't be more proud of him.  And of course the boost in his pay is definitely going to make things easier on us.

Friday Claire went skating with Lady and then Saturday our neighborhood pool opened so both of the kids planned on soaking in the sun but then Claire's period started.  She is still in the maxi pads stage so she was bummed about that and Taylor was at first too but then he called his friend and ended up going to the pool with him.  He told me later that day that there were actually a lot of his friends from school there so he is going to start going more often.  That makes me happy that he is peeking out of his shell of video game playing.  When I dropped him off Sunday at his friend's house, I couldn't stop smiling when I looked at him in his bathing suit and towel slung over his shoulder.  My little boy is not so little anymore.

Saturday Bryan and I went on a lunch date, just the two of us.  It was nice.  We went to Genghis Grill which we both love.  Sunday I bought Bryan his Father's Day present a little early and let him have it.  I got him a Fit Bit Flex and he is like a kid in a candy store with it.  I am glad he likes it so much and he thinks it will help him lose some weight.

Claire and I played with the Ouija board Saturday night (Bryan finally relented) and then Sunday night Taylor wanted to play as well.  The only problem was when it was time for bed, he freaked out  a little so I don't think he will be playing again.  Funny because he is my kid who loves scary movies and usually Claire refuses to watch anything a tad bit scary.

It will be a short week this week since we had Monday off so that is always nice.  In lieu of Memorial Day, Claire took a picture of my sister in her army uniform and posted it on Instagram thanking her for her service and to God Bless America.  Love that girl.

UPDATE:  I almost forgot.  Sunday afternoon Claire and I were watching Snapped.  It is a favorite of ours to watch on Oxygen about these wives/mothers who lose their shit and kill or have their husbands killed.  This lady was saying how her husband who was a pastor liked her to dress up like she was a hooker and wear wigs.  Claire turned to me and asked, "If you have sex while wearing a wig, will the baby have the hair color of that wig?"

No comments: