Thursday, May 8, 2014

More like POUND cake instead of pancake.

I made pancakes last night for the kids for the first time.  Bryan has made them for us a few times and of course, hits it out of the ball park but he was at work and I was in the mood to cook/try something new.

I pulled out the box of Bisquick and quickly scanned the back to see what ingredients it needed and what all went in to making them.  1 cup of Bisquick, 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and then mix all together.  I can do this.  And I did.  I sprayed my skillet with Pam and ladled the batter into the pan in a nice round circle.  I had heard that once the batter starts to bubble that meant it was ready to be flipped but I didn't really see any bubbles.  The box said the edges would start to crisp up and when I felt it, that was indeed happening so I flipped away. 

Each pancake was coming out perfectly brownish/tan with no burnt parts.  I was super excited!  I noticed when I felt the pancakes though, they seemed kind of dense.  They certainly weren't all light and fluffy like Bryan's normally were.

I checked the box and saw the expiration date was 2011.  Holy crap.

I tried one and it tasted fine so I went ahead and fed them to the kiddos anyway and no one complained so yay me right?  Right?

No comments: